A Few Old Pictures

Click on any of the pictures for a larger image.
An early view of Rose Hill.
An early view of Rose Hill.

Old street scene.
Old street scene.

Another early street view.
Another early street view.

The old bank building.
The old bank building.

Rose Hill High School.
Rose Hill High School.

Virgil E. Cox, Blacksmithing.
Virgil E. Cox, Blacksmithing, Woodwork & General Repairing.

Fist Baseball Team, 1909.
Rose Hill's first baseball team, which went undefeated in 1909. The team included (back row, left to right) Frank Glinwater, Charles Cox, manager Kent Johnson, Bill Jones, George Dennett. (middle row) Ross Swindell, Oscar Jones. (front row) Rudolph Swindell, and Ernest Swindell. Not pictured were Francis McCluggle, Leonard Mitchell, Fred Staley and Verne McCluggage.

Early one room school.
A one room school.
 
Harris Farm Supply about 1964.
Circa 1964. Aerial photograph of Rose Hill with Harris Farm Supply in the middle.
Photo courtesy of Laura C. Harris.
WN & WG Harris Truck.
W.N. & W.G. Harris truck. (Later known as Harris Farm Supply).
Photo courtesy of Laura C. Harris.
1938 Downtown Rose Hill.
Downtown Rose Hill in 1938.
Photo courtesy of Laura C. Harris.
The old Methodist Church
The old Methodist Church was torn down in 1973.
A more detailed history is on the Methodist web site.
The Dagel Farmstead & family
William & Melissa Dagel had a farmstead located 1 mile north and 1 mile west of Rose Hill. This undated photo shows them with children Jessie & Viola, The middle woman in the picture is Pearl Dennett.